This is a forever changing, dynamic list based on my wants and desires as time goes by. If I remove a goal, I will place it in a section at the bottom of the list showing that I once wanted it but it no longer fits in with my ideal. I will be checking back on occasion to shuffle, change and update my list.
At the bottom, I have also put some extra life achievements that have never been specific goals, but I am proud to have done them never-the-less.
Find the original blog post HERE.
Find my inspiration for creating this list HERE.
Last updated: 21st October, 2012
1. Road Trip around North America
2. InterRail around Scandinavian Europe
3. Visit Indonesia
4. Visit the Galapagos
5. Explore South America
6. Visit Antarctica
7. InterRail around Eastern Europe
8. Visit New Zealand/Australia
9. Explore the wilderness of Canada
10. Visit Asia
11. Explore the area that I grew up (Scotland)
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
12. Complete the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Nintendo 64) - PROGRESS - I'm about 2/3 of the way through at the moment.
13. Complete the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Nintendo 64) without cheating
14. Learn to drive - COMPLETED (October '08)
15. Write a will
16. Learn a classical piece of music on the piano
17. Learn Spanish
18. Obtain an University degree - COMPLETED (September '12) - I now possess a Bachelor of Science Biological Sciences degree, completed at the upper second level.
19. Complete my Gold Duke of Edinburgh Award
20. Have a go at developing my own photos
21. Read "On the Origin Of Species"
22. Finish reading "The Lord of the Rings" - PROGRESS - I have read the first and half of the second on about three seperate occasions.
23. Go on a scientific expedition - COMPLETED (April '12) - Expedition to Punta Francés on the Isle of Youth, Cuba where I scuba dived on Coral reefs and carried out research in the forest.
24. Hold a Tarantula - COMPLETED (April '12) - Held a Tarantula in Cuba (did not overcome my fear of spiders though).
25. Give Blood - COMPLETED (May '12) - Gave blood for the first time. I now aim to continue giving blood for the forseeable future.
26. Visit a large American Theme Park
27. Fly in a Hot Air Balloon
28. Fly in a Glider - COMPLETED (Circa 2005) - Flew a Glider myself. Pretty incredible experience.
29. See the Northern Lights
30. SCUBA dive on Coral Reefs - COMPLETED (April '12) - Part of the scientific expedition to cuba. This was one of the best weeks of my life to date. Worth all the time and money put in to achieve this, and will be looking to do it again in the future.
31. Build my own House
32. Complete 100 hours of voluntary work
33. Be a vegetarian for at least 30 consecutive days - COMPLETED (19th October '12) - I successfully ate no meat products during a 30 day period (blog post).
34. Wild camp in the Scottish Highlands for atleast 3 nights
35. Travel by plane and train in 1st class
36. Own Chickens
37. Grow and eat my own Vegetables and Herbs
38. Live with Friends - COMPLETED (September '10 onwards) - Lived with friends in my second year of uni, and still live with friends now that I have left uni.
39. Bring up a puppy and see it through life
40. See a famous band live
42. Write and publish a novel of 50,000 words or more
43. Become a fully qualified Paramedic
44. Become an air ambulance Paramedic
45. Own a VW Camper Van
46. Own my own house outright
47. Pay my Father back
48. Own 100 CD's - PROGRESS - 26/100
49. Own atleast 2 acres of land
50. Sell 10 different prints of photos that I have taken
51. Become debt free
52. Raise £10,000 for Charity
RELATIONSHIPS & FAMILY
53. Get Married
54. Have Children
55. Have Grand Children
56. Run a Half Marathon
57. Complete 200 consecutive sit ups
58. Complete 100 consecutive push ups
59. Trek to Everest Base Camp
60. Climb Mt. Kilimanjaro
1. Learned to shoot an Air Rifle
3. Flown RAF Hercules Flight Simulator
4. Learnt to shoot a Bow and Arrow
5. Learnt to Ski
6. Visited war graves in Europe
7. Lived on a Tropical beach
8. Travelled around Europe by Train
9. Learnt to Surf
10. Been Caving
11. Rock Climbed/Abseiled
12. Toured a Jumbo Jet cockpit whilst on a flight alone at the age of 5
13. I was a member of the 1st Lyneham Air Scouts (as well as Beavers and Cubs)