24 July 2012

Support a Fellow Blogger!

I promised myself I would post no more than once every so often. Well, I think this post exceeds that self imposed limit but is definately well worth it!

Stacie is currently waiting on a life saving heart and lung transplant because of her advanced secondary pulmonary hypertension. She is writing a blog of her thoughts and experiences while waiting for the phone call that will give her a new lease of life.

I have to say after knowing her for a very long time and reading her blog, she is truly an inspiration and it never ceases to amaze me how brave and strong she has been. If only people would stop and pay a little more attention to people like Stacie, her wait might not have to be as long as it is.

If you haven't already done so, join the organ donor register. If you can think of a reason not to, have a read of this blog then reconsider: click here!

Just to show that I am not a hypocrite, I wasn't an organ donor until recently (because of a stupid argument with a family member and my stubborn behaviour) but I have been inspired to change my mind by Stacie.

Join the Organ Donor register

3 comments:

  1. Glad you signed up, it really is important. I still feel it should be an opt out system.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still not sure I agree with the opt out system. In my mind it means more if people actively make the decision to become a donor. However, the goal is to achieve more available organs and if opt out works I won't complain about it.

      Delete