31 July 2012

A step backwards?

So, I'm hoping writing this will help let off a bit of steam. One of the main reasons I started this blog was to help reflect on and focus my thoughts - it's time to put that to the test.

I am well and truly fed up with looking for a job. It's not so much the joblessness, but sitting around all day is mind numbing! Although I have taken to watching friends back to back all day which offers a bit of relief! At the moment, I can take comfort in the fact my housemates are in the same boat but next week one of them leaves so that's one less person to keep me sane!

I got another job rejection from the NHS today. It was the job I seemed most qualified for (annoyingly, it required no official qualifications so my degree clearly counts for nothing!) and my hopes for the others have dropped, but only time will tell. I imagine I will hear back sometime in the near future.

I've been looking at volunteering opportunities in the mean time. I've sent out a few emails, mainly for environmental work but it seems everyone is on Holiday at the moment! Tried to contact some people about becoming a community first responder but within the NHS they only do it in remote communities. I live in the middle of Bristol - go figure. Will have to see what turns up!

I am taking this time to start some form of exercise routine - something I've been meaning to do for a long time.

So not much of a step backwards in reality, but it feels like it. I suppose I should think of it more as side step.

Well, luckily I ran out of inspiration before I ranted too much. I will probably write again before the weeks out with a more coherent post (Friends is too distracting!).

P.s. Just watched the Friends Finale! How could they even THINK of ending the show?!

No comments:

Post a Comment