3 August 2012

Pulled my Act Together

Just a (potentially) short entry tonight as a sort of update on my last blog post.

I was feeling a bit miserable and sorry for myself when I wrote on Tuesday (was it Tuesday? This week seems to have dragged), but I have managed to pick myself up and I'm feeling much more positive. I've been keeping myself busy as much as possible, applying for jobs with avengance and sorting myself out.

I've found a Job in the NHS that I would love to do if I don't get my Student Paramedic placement and I'm midway through the application form at the moment. If I were to get it, I would become a Medical Emergency Dispatcher for the South West Ambulance Service. Although only for a year long contract, this would give me a real insight into the inner workings of the elusive Ambulance Service. However, this would mean actually answering the phone for a change - something I don't particularly like doing (who does?!).

Although I haven't ventured out far this week, I've been really getting into the Olympics! Some of you will realise this is quite strange behaviour as watching most sport is beyond me, but I've been caught shouting at the TV in some quite intense races.

I'm going to attend an information session for the Samaritans on Monday evening, something I've always considered doing but never got around to. No time like the present!

My room is now semi-tidy, ready to start packing up as I move into my new house two weeks on Sunday! I have to say, I'm really looking forward to it. It's so much nicer than the student house I currently live in. It has a nice kitchen with a dishwasher - pure luxury! The windows also act like windows in that they keep the wind out (even as I type this, my curtains are flapping about thanks to the gaping hole). The bathroom isn't mouldy and has ventilation. The list really is endless.

My exams are two weeks on Monday so I'm gonna really start to knuckle down - I think I'll be using the uni library every day as of Sunday. Be under no illusion, that really is dedication for you. Spending any more than 10 minutes in that silent, musty sauna is enough to send anyone crazy (I should know, I've spent many days and nights going delerious in that place with only the vending machine to keep me company).

Finally, I think I'm going to sell my Reading Festival ticket. I was really looking forward to going, but no longer have the money to get there and pay for everything else that weekend. I'm a bit worried it won't go as the official tickets haven't even sold out yet. I'm still hoping to maybe get a day ticket for the Saturday as my housemate is going too - I really want to see Young Guns and Florence + The Machine and The Vaccines.

Reading back over this post I've realised it just sounds like a diary! Although this blog is mainly for my benefit, I'm not sure people want to read about how I watched the Olympics and tidied my room. I will have to try and come up with something a bit more relevant next week but I have realised just how much of a long, slow process reaching my goal might really be. Luckily, time is on my side (for now).

2 comments:

  1. OOoo sounds like you are getting somewhere.
    Good Luck on your exams you will do fine I am sure :-D.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I sat in the Library all day today and I swear I lost atleast half my brain cells...

      Delete