9 August 2012

Celebratory Chicken

Today I bring you good news! Well, it's good news for me - not so much for you, however I shall tell you all about it anyway!

I recently applied to the St. John's Ambulance to do some first aid volunteering and was suprised to find it's actually quite a long, difficult process becoming a volunteer. I had to complete application forms, provide references and will need to have a CRB check (to make sure I'm not a sex offender or a criminal). The good news is though, that I have been invited for an interview in early September! At some point I will drop in to one of my local groups meetings to see what it's all about. I'm still not sure exactly what I will be doing as a volunteer, probably event first aid etc. It would be brilliant if I could become a first responder - or even better, become an EMT (Emergency Medical Technician) in one of their ambulances. I will keep you updated!

On a similar note, I have heard back from the GWAS (Great Western Ambulance Service) about becoming a first responder for them. They have asked for some details and will look into seeing if there is a group in the area I live but if there isn't I doubt I will be able to do this, which is a real shame.

I have managed to sell my Reading Festival ticket too! It went for £170, which is £30 less than I paid but every little helps, right? Unfortunately, I have to pay about a million in fees (well, £20). Looks like I can afford more than 30p savoury rice for dinner every night now (oh mince, how I have missed you...). I might even go out and buy a celebratory piece of chicken!

On a slightly down side, I still haven't heard back about any of the NHS jobs I applied for a month ago, or any other job for that matter. This really sucks. Guess I will have to just carry on...

Only a short post today, I'm working on something more relevent and paramedic-y to post soon. Also want to say thanks for reading these posts and supporting me!

Have a good day.


1 comment:

  1. Celebratory Chicken, this actually made me LOL. I don't think I could live without chicken it is my main food source (nods head vigorously). Yeyyy about the St John's ambulance :-D xoxo

    ReplyDelete