10 August 2012

All Is Not Lost

All is not lost, I guess.

I got a rejection from the GWAS for the Student Paramedics job. This was a bit of a bummer. Even though I knew the chances of getting it were incredibly slim, there was still a part of me that held some hope. I'm just angry that all they gave me was an automated 'good luck with your career' email and they won't give me a reason why, although I think I already know what it is. It would be nice to have some sort of confirmation.

I am going to book my C1 driving licence medical exam next week, which I have found out will cost me £120 (which is ridiculous)! Althouh I'm incredibly worried about my eyesight and the requirements. I wear glasses, and my eyesight is fine with them - but the DVLA require a certain amount of vision without corrective lenses (3/60 acuity on the Snellen chart - this is basically reading the largest letter on the chart with no glasses/contact lenses at a distance of 3m) which I really don't think I have. My prescription is about -5.5 so the vision is not so great. I don't know what I will do if I can't get this licence - I will have to give up on my dreams of being a Paramedic, the thought of which is gut wrenching.

Now I need to find something new to aim towards for the time being. God only knows what that will be.

Over and out.

1 comment:

  1. Phillip, stop worrying about the things you have no control over and focus on the things that you can do. All of these things are the tests that life puts before us all, and it's your response that shows the person you are. For whatever support you need you know how to get it.

    ReplyDelete