19 September 2012

A Day In the Future


I can see my warm breath condensating before my eyes as it meets the cold, crisp air around me. I'm walking briskly through a forest, dried leaves crunching underfoot with my Border Collie, Molly, at my heels. The low morning sunshine is gleaming through the gaps in the branches above me, highlighting the surrounding reds and golds. The air feels clean and refreshing against my skin, turning it pink as my body tries to keep warm. I'm wrapped up in a thick coat and scarf with a wooly hat and a smile spread across my face.

My farmhouse is only about a mile away now and I'm looking forward to stepping into the kitchen, heated warm by the roaring fire. I'll take my wellies off and leave them on the doormat before putting the kettle on to settle down with a hot cup of tea. Molly lays by the fire to doze, content now she's had her exericse for the day. I'm unsure of what I'm going to do with the rest of the day, maybe drive into the village in my Land Rover to pick up some milk. I should probably tidy some of the vegetable plots up too and prepare them for the long, sleepy winter ahead. I might get around to finishing one of the three books I've started later this evening too.

We've had a beautiful Summer with nice hot weather. Perfect for the garden, especially the fruit and vegetable harvest. But now is the best time of the year. It's Autumn.

...

Okay, so It's not quite Autumn yet. The leaves are still green and the hope for a few more lasting days of warm weather are around us. But there is something strangely refreshing and invigorating about my favourite season. It's the inbetween phase between the hot, warm Summer and the cold, miserable Winter. I'm looking forward to wrapping up warm and going out to explore. I have an amazing view of the allotments behind our house, and the woods behind that. It will be fun to watch this view change over the coming months for the first time - a small picture of tranquility in the middle of this busy City.

For the first time in quite a while, I've woken up early and I feel motivated and inspired! I watched Grand Designs with a cup of tea and decided that I would seise the day. I'm going to go out this afternoon and find somewhere in the middle of nowhere to take photos and enjoy the first hints of my favourite season.

...

As a lot of you may already know, I have finally obtained my degree with a 2:1! This is amazing news, as for a long time I doubted I would get there and I was so close to giving up on many occasions. I would like to thank everyone that helped and encouraged me to get to the end.

...

It's official, I have begun my 30 consecutive days of being a Vegetarian. It's not so easy, and I'm struggling a little. I'm going home for a week tomorrow and it will be interesting to see how my family adapt and what we all do about food. The last day will be October 18th, and I'm looking forward to writing about how it's affected my life, if at all.

I do have plans for actual content in my future blog posts, but once again the need for a creative outlet arose. This is that outlet and I hope this post makes you excited at the thought of changing weather and not miserable (as most people probably would feel).

I have found the source of my inspiration, if only a temporary one. How about taking a few moments to think over yours, and refresh them in your mind? It might do you the world of good.

Phil.




No comments:

Post a Comment